What’s the Difference?
When shopping for floor coatings, you may find yourself overwhelmed by your options. With so many different materials available, choosing the right option for your needs is not always easy. At AZ Painting, we offer a number of options for our customers in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam including versatile polymers like polyurethane and polyaspartic floor coatings.
Here is a closer look at what these options are, so you can choose the right one for your needs.
Polymer Floor Coatings – A Versatile Option
A polymer is a chemical compound that bonds different chemicals to achieve a coating that is moisture-, bacterial-, and impact-resistant. Polymer floor coatings include many sub-categories and offer many benefits to those who install them. Depending on the polymer you choose, you will benefit from:
Heat resistance, foot traffic resistance, improved aesthetics, bacteria resistance, and moisture resistance
If you considering floor coating, polymers are a place to start. AZ Painting can help you choose the right polymer for your unique needs, so you can enjoy the full benefit of your flooring coating.
Hard, Fast-Drying Polyaspartic Finish
One of the types of polymer floor coatings to consider for your floor coating needs is polyaspartic floor coating. This coating is one of the hardest in the market, so it will resist foot traffic and other impacts well. It dries quite quickly, making it one of the fastest polymers to install. It is highly moisture-resistant as well, so it is the ideal choice for areas where moisture is an issue.
Polyurethane – Flexible & Impact-Resistant
Polyurethane is another type of polymer that is often used in floor coatings. It is quite flexible, which means it resists scratches and absorbs impact well. Its abrasion resistance is quite high, so it holds up well in high-traffic environments. Polyurethane is known for being chemical-resistant, so it can be used in applications where strong chemicals must be used to clean the floor.
Are you looking for floor coatings that offer durability, aesthetics, and resistance to impact, bacteria, and moisture? With so many options available in the market, choosing the right one for your needs can be overwhelming. At AZ Painting, we offer versatile polymer floor coatings, including polyurethane and polyaspartic coatings, to cater to different requirements. In this article, we will explore the differences between these coatings and help you make an informed decision.
What are Polymer Floor Coatings?
Polymer floor coatings are a type of chemical compound that bond different chemicals to achieve a durable and long-lasting coating. These coatings come in many sub-categories, and they offer many benefits to those who install them. Depending on the polymer you choose, you can benefit from heat resistance, foot traffic resistance, improved aesthetics, bacteria resistance, and moisture resistance.
Benefits of Polymer Floor Coatings
- Moisture resistance: Polymer coatings can resist moisture and are ideal for areas where moisture is an issue, such as basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Bacteria resistance: Polymer coatings are also resistant to bacteria, making them suitable for areas that require high hygiene standards, such as hospitals, schools, and laboratories.
- Heat resistance: Certain polymer coatings are heat resistant and can withstand high temperatures, making them ideal for industrial settings or where heavy machinery is used.
- Aesthetics: Polymer coatings come in a range of colors and finishes, giving you the flexibility to choose a coating that complements your interior design.
Polyaspartic Floor Coatings
Polyaspartic floor coatings are a type of polymer coating that offers durability and fast-drying properties. It is one of the hardest coatings in the market, making it ideal for areas with high foot traffic and impact. Polyaspartic coatings are highly moisture-resistant, making them suitable for areas where moisture is an issue, such as basements, pool areas, and bathrooms.
Benefits of Polyaspartic Floor Coatings
- Durability: Polyaspartic coatings are highly durable and resistant to foot traffic, impact, and abrasion, making them ideal for high-traffic areas.
- Fast-drying: Polyaspartic coatings dry quickly, allowing for faster installation and reducing downtime in your business or home.
- Moisture resistance: Polyaspartic coatings are highly moisture-resistant, making them ideal for areas with high humidity levels or moisture issues.
Polyurethane Floor Coatings
Polyurethane floor coatings are another type of polymer coating used in floor coatings. Polyurethane coatings are flexible, which means they can resist scratches and absorb impact well. Its abrasion resistance is quite high, making it suitable for high-traffic environments. Polyurethane coatings are also known for being chemical-resistant, making them ideal for areas where strong chemicals are used to clean the floor.
Benefits of Polyurethane Floor Coatings
- Impact resistance: Polyurethane coatings are highly impact-resistant, making them ideal for areas that require protection against heavy machinery, equipment, or foot traffic.
- Chemical resistance: Polyurethane coatings are resistant to chemicals, making them ideal for areas where strong chemicals are used to clean the floor.
- Flexibility: Polyurethane coatings are flexible and can resist scratches and absorb impact well, making them suitable for areas with high traffic or prone to heavy objects dropping.
Which Floor Coating Is Right for You?
Polyurethane, polyaspartic, and other polymer floor coatings are all excellent options for different applications. If you are considering floor coating for your home or business, you may find the choice overwhelming. Prime Coat Coating Systems can help. Our floor coating experts can assist you in weighing your options to choose the right floor coating for your specific application. Whether you are looking for moisture-resistance, impact-resistance, or overall aesthetics, Prestige Floor Coating has a product that will fit your needs well.
Contact us at AZ Painting or call (778) 231-6622 to arrange a free estimate for epoxy patio floor coatings in Vancouver or surrounding areas.