When you’re searching for a local painting company, initial research is truly vital. You’ll need to get to know prospective companies in order to find the best.
By understanding exactly who you’re working with, you can see the quality of work they’ll provide. As a result, you will save money and have more peace of mind.
In this article, we’ll look at five things our expert team recommends when looking for a painting contractor in the Vancouver Area.
Understanding the Company’s Reputation
Above all, client feedback is the best way to find out the level of quality that a potential painting contractor provides.
Here’s where you can find the best reviews:
Use your favorite search engine. Look up the painting company to see what people in the Vancouver Area are saying in reviews.
Rather than hiring random contractors, ask your friends and family who to hire. Consult your co-workers for their valuable input as well.
It’s especially popular to search online in addition to asking friends or family members for recommendations.
Performing your initial due diligence definitely gives peace of mind of what to expect on things like customer service and, of course, performance.
Interview Your Vancouver Painting Contractors
It’s important to know what to ask. Ask about skills and experience to see if a contractor is a good fit. Since things can arise that need more attention, working together is essential.
Most importantly, make sure the painter has the necessary credentials and safety documents. First, ask for their Work Safe BC clearance, as well as their insurance certificate.
Secondly, discuss paint lines they use. It’s also important find out the benefits of these products, like how they protects surfaces.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Are you properly insured for the project?
- Are you bonded and accredited?
- Do you have the proper licenses?
- How long have you been a painting contractor?
- Are you a part of any associations? For instance, are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you subcontract work? Or, is it all done by your staff?
- Do you offer any guarantees or warranties?
- Do your products carry any additional warranties?
- What products do you currently use?
- Do you have any references? Can I visit any of your previous jobs?
Expect a Detailed Proposal from a Painting Contractor
You will need to get an estimate, once you’ve finished your interviews. Closely look at what you’re provided by your chosen painter.
A detailed, well-written proposal consists of many key elements.
Here’s what to look for:
- A detailed outline of the project, including all areas to be worked on.
- Clearly noting all products to be used. At AZ Painting, product knowledge is crucial.
- A simple warranty. It should list all products and services.
- Including the estimated cost, as well as any payment plan options.
- A timeline. Both you and your painting contractor must negotiate a timeline.
Research Credentials & Associations
Again, it’s especially important to choose a professional painting company with a proven record. Even further, we truly recommend choosing a BBB-certified company.
They are more trustworthy, as a result. Additionally, it shows a company’s integrity and dedication to proper service.